- 200+ hours of intensive learning
- Time bound completion of syllabus with extensive coverage
- Simple, lucid explanation of theories and concepts
- Regular audio visual presentation
- Regular tests for mains
- Intensive answer writing skill development sessions
- UPSC compatible evaluation
- Meticulously designed study material.
Why should I choose Anthropology optional?
- Interesting subject which generates mental acquisitiveness every single day.
- It has a very short syllabus.
- Highly scoring and has many recent top scorers
- It deals with both biological and sociological aspects of humans. Hence, ideal for student from any background.
- Helpful to tackle essay, social and tribal issues of general studies.
- Matric level science knowledge is sufficient to understand the biological part of Anthropology.
Can only Science students study Anthropology optional?
- Absolutely not. Anthropology is a holistic study which encompasses different disciplines like sociology, psychology, political science, history, human biology & even humanistic disciplines like philosophy, literature etc… Metric level science knowledge is sufficient to study anthropology.
The UPSC Anthropology syllabus contains
- Physical Anthropology (or Biological Anthropology) studies human and primate evolution, adaptation, and variation. Physical Anthropology forms only 40% of the Anthropology Paper 1. This can be studied by any student who has matric level knowledge of Science.
- Socio- Cultural Anthropology where we seek to understand the relations and patterns of life of people as revealed through their established institutions and groups such as kinship, marriage, family etc.
- Indian Anthropology which deals with Society and culture of India. The tribes in India have been classified according to geographical, racial, linguistic and economic differences. The socio-cultural institutions such as marriage, family, kinship and religion are extremely important elements of each and every tribal community which differentiate them one from another. Study of tribes is a stimulating experience in itself.
How many days do I require for Anthropology optional ?
Anthropology syllabus is very simple, athough it looks exhaustive. One can prepare well for Anthropology in less than 2.5 months.
How much marks can I score in Anthropology?
With good preparation, one can score an average of 320-350/500 very easily.
How do I start preparation for Anthropology?
Reading Anthropology test books and materials without guidance can be tedious and misguiding. Prepare with our best guidance to excel in your exam.
Course Syllabus : https://bit.ly/3eBIpLc
By Shubhra Ranjan
By Shubhra Ranjan