Please be informed that as a user you are using our services and hence, trust us. Therefore, it becomes pertinent that we are able to provide you with the best quality services with minimal effort. We endeavour to ensure that every user experience is smooth and hassle-free. These Terms and Condition of Use, guide user behaviour and in the process lay down certain parameters and guidelines, which would be beneficial to both, you and us, the Company.
Shubhra Viraj EduTech Private Limited, operating under the name of SHUBHRA RANJAN, is a popular brand that provides guidance to prepare for civil services examinations conducted by UPSC (Union Public Services Commission).
The term We, Us, Our shall mean Shubhra Viraj EduTech Private Limited the Company.
2. In consideration of your use of the Shubhra Ranjan Website and Shubhra Ranjan App, You agree:
3. If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Platform.
4. This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (IT Act) and the Rules as applicable, thereunder, and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the IT Act. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
5. You may access the Platform and subscribe to the services only for Your personal use. The Platform as a whole, is owned exclusively by Shubhra Viraj EduTech Private Limited. You acknowledge that We are providing You with a revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the features of the Platform. You will upon logging into the Shubhra Ranjan Website/mobile application as a regular user be entitled to view Our limited free content as a demo of the offerings. You will get access once You enrol as a Subscriber. You are advised to review this free content before taking the decision to proceed to subscribe to the services as a ‘Subscribed User’ (as deﬁned in Clause 2.2).
6. By registering Your e-mail address and/or phone number with Us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls, SMS notiﬁcations, e-mails and/or any other means that help us reach You, in case of any subscription or service updates.
7. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and conﬁdentiality of Your account as well as the login credentials to the account once you become a ‘Subscribed User’.
8. We will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of a third party using Your account, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Us as a consequence of third party usage of Your account.
9. Due to the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all applicable local laws, state speciﬁc laws, and regulation rules regarding use of the Platform. You also agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data and information, exported from India or the country in which You reside.
1. Persons who are "competent/capable" of contracting within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 shall be eligible to register for Shubhra Ranjan App and be a Registered User (defined hereunder). As a minor if You wish to use the Shubhra Ranjan App or Our Services, such use shall be made available to You by Your legal guardian or parents, who has agreed to these Terms. In the event a minor utilizes the Shubhra Ranjan App/Website/Services, it is assumed that he/she has obtained the consent of the legal guardian or parents and such use is made available by the legal guardian or parents
2. You are mandatorily required to either be a person of competence, complying with Clause 2.1, as mentioned above.
3. To register on the Platform for availing the Services (as deﬁned in Clause 3.1) a login account, which is based on a paid subscription, is required. You become a Subscriber/Subscribed User (hereinafter ‘Subscriber’) once the account is created and an appropriate plan is chosen with the correct payment being done for the plan.
4. To determine Your eligibility as a Subscriber, You will be required to give details to validate Your eligibility by ﬁlling in all mandatory ﬁelds in the online service subscription enrolment form. Upon completing all ﬁelds in the service subscription form, You will have access to the ‘Free Content’ or the ‘Basic Plan’ in the capacity of a ‘Registered User’ (hereinafter Registered User) and have the option to purchase a paid subscription of your choice.
5. If You choose to purchase a paid subscription, You will be directed to the purchase page and have the option to select the services and duration for which You wish to become a Subscribed User. Upon receipt of the payment in full the user would become a “Pro User”. After the payment is complete, You will receive a conﬁrmation email to the registered email id conﬁrming your plan details and credentials for accessing the Platform.
6. Post receipt of the payment in full, every user shall have to mandatorily submit their one valid identity proof issued by the Government of India i.e., Aadhar Card, Passport, Voter’s ID, MCI card etc, as acceptable by the Us. Upon submission of the valid identity proof, the user shall mandatorily conduct a verification process of each Pro user. Only on success completion of the verification process by Us will You attain the status of a Subscribed User.
1. To avail the full range of course content offered as part of the Services, You will have to mandatorily be a Subscribed User meeting all the requirements set out in Clauses 2.2 and 2.3.
2. The Services and amounts payable to access the Services may differ for different Subscribers and will be based on the course combination chosen by You either at the time of enrolling as a Subscribed User or thereafter, based on the courses a Subscribed User adds through his/ her account.
4. As a “Registered User”, You are enrolled to the free plan by default and have the option to purchase a course and become a Subscribed User.
5. You agree that any Services provided by Us may be subject to change at Our discretion and We may add, remove or modify offerings to its existing scope of Services at such fees as will be solely determined by Us.
6. We may, at Our discretion, revise the amount payable in respect of existing offerings forming part of the Services that may be made available to You.
7. You agree that We may at any time and for any reason, terminate Your access to whole or part of the Platform, or restrict or suspend Your access to your Subscribed User account, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without any liability to You.
1. If You use the Platform and wish to avail Services by creating a User account, You may be required to submit your phone number and/or email ID and choose a password which will be the only set of credentials basis which You will be granted access to the Platform and its Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and other credentials to access the Services. If there is any compromise to Your account, You can change your password using the ‘forgot password’ functionality available on the login page used to access the Platform.
1. Any payments made to Shubhra Ranjan in respect of Services are subject to the payment terms of Shubhra Ranjan as will be notified to You once You initiate the process to become a Subscribed User. The current existing payment schedule available to Subscribed Users are mentioned on the following webpage: https://www.Shubhra Ranjan.com/home/pro
2. The Fee including GST and any delivery charges payable in relation to delivery of electronic versions of document based Study materials, if applicable, will be shown prior to completion of the online payment transaction.
3. In the unlikely event that, due to a technical error, the amount of the Fee displayed on the Platform is incorrect, Shubhra Ranjan will notify You as soon as it reasonably can. If the correct amount of the Fee is higher than the amount displayed on the Platform, Shubhra Ranjan will contact You through your registered e-mail address and/or phone number to notify You of the correct Fee. To avail all Services for the duration of Subscription, You may be required to remit any additional fees such that the correct Fee is paid by you.
4. Shubhra Ranjan hereby notifies You that Shubhra Ranjan uses third party payment gateway service providers to process payment made by You towards the Service subscription. It is hereby clarified that Shubhra Ranjan will not be responsible for any payment failures or errors occurring due to technical issues at the bank’s end or issues arising from the third payment gateway and all such issues should be resolved directly between You and the banking or payment gateway partner concerned.
2. We do not make any representation, guarantee or commitment to You that the Study Materials offered either in the demo versions or as part of subscribed services will be error free.
3. The MCQs provided in the Study Materials is inclusive of all kind of MCQs provided in the Study Material i.e., via test series, notes etc. The content will be constantly updated (addition or removal) in terms of its numbers and the material without any prior notice to You and at a sole discretion of Shubhra Ranjan.
4. We do not claim any guaranteed rank, mark, success/any kind of professional advantage with the use of the Platform.
5. We reserve the right to change and update the content in the Platform to represent the latest evidence and practices, with the changing times, needs and requirements. We reserve the right to constantly review, update and replace the content and features of all the Study Materials, including but not limited to Test Series, Videos and Notes, which would be carried out on a yearly basis in the form of ‘Editions’. We do not guarantee that any content or features, of the previous Edition, would be made available on the Platform in the latest Edition.
6. We reserve all right to engage a different faculty or tutor or change the current faculty or tutor at any given point of time without any prior notification to the User.
1. Except as set out in the description of the subscription model available on the Platform, no additional study materials and/or video tutorials will be provided by Us.
1. Please note that it is Your responsibility to check that the computer or device You plan to use to access the subscription is compatible with the minimum speciﬁcation requirement that relates to the subscription You are opting for. You acknowledge and accept that We cannot be held responsible for any technical problems (including but not limited to playback of video content) with any systems, computers or devices You encounter following the commencement of the subscription
2. Please find below the Minimum System Requirements for using our Platform:
3. We recommend the Latest version of Chrome. Other browsers may or may not be supported.
4. Please find below the Minimum Internet Speed requirement for using our Platform:
5. Please find below the Recommended Internet Speed for using our Platform
6. Please note that the above mentioned has been derived based on User experience and is not conclusive or a guarantee that if the above-mentioned criteria is fulfilled, the Platform would work in the like manner. Other unforeseeable circumstances too must be considered while using the services on the Platform.
1. We reserve the right to make modiﬁcations, enhancements or issue clariﬁcations (for example, clariﬁcation of doubt, interactive sessions) to the subscription, including but not limited to changes in Services, number of Services available, pricing and validity of Subscription duration.
2. When We make such changes, We may or may not notify the User of the same and the User will be bound by such modifications, enhancement, changes and amendments, as the case may be.
3. These changes would be called as ‘Editions’ and we have complete discretion to update the same with time, as We deem fit and cannot be challenged by You at any time.
4. We do not guarantee that the contents or features of the previous versions/Editions would be made available post the launch of the new edition.
1. We do not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the subscription.
2. We are not obliged to offer You any technical support in relation to your subscription other than the speciﬁc support that has been included as part of the subscription plan You have opted for
3. You also accept and acknowledge that We cannot be held responsible for any delay or disruptions to your subscription as a result of such suspension or any of the following but not limited to:
1. We shall not be liable for any interference, virus, hacking, or any such consequence, caused by any network or internet service providers and failure of device manufacturers to support DRM protocols.
2. Any content posted on a third-party platform, by Us or any authorised third party, shall be subject to the terms and conditions, and policies, of that third-party platform in addition to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
3. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL SHUBHRA RANJAN OR ITS EMPLOYEES’, OR ITS AGENTS’, PARTNERS, AND CONTRACTORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE AFORESAID SERVICES TO YOU, EXCEED THE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RETAINED BY SHUBHRA RANJAN FROM YOU, FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU OR YOUR AGENTS. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A SUBSCRIBED USER, SHUBHRA RANJAN WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
1. You acknowledge and agree that the suggestions and recommendation provided by Us on the Platform, are only suggestions, and You may comply with it at Your choice and option. We offer You various services via the Platform, to help You prepare for civil services examinations conducted by UPSC with customised support and assistance.
1. A Shubhra Ranjan account is meant to be used by only one User.
2. Sharing the Shubhra Ranjan account credentials for both personal use or commercial purposes will result in account blockage without prior notice or warning.
3. As per this Fair Usage policy, each user will have a ﬁxed number of Fair Usage hours which is defined course wise. In case the limit is exceeded, the account will fall under scrutiny and we will immediately investigate the matter further, without Your consent.
4. Apart from the Fair Usage Hours, we also track a number of other parameters to identify any form of sharing.
1. You agree that You shall not use the services or the Platform in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share, store material. You are bound not to cut, copy, decompile, distribute, modify, recreate, reverse engineer, distribute, disseminate, post, publish or create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or software obtained from the website. With Our prior permission, limited use may be allowed and this is solely based on Our discretion. For the removal of doubt, it is clariﬁed that unlimited or wholesale reproduction, copying of the content for commercial or non-commercial purposes and unwarranted modiﬁcation of data and information within the content of the Platform is not permitted and is considered:
2. If You become aware of misuse of the Service by any person, please contact 011- 45612719.
3. You shall not either as a regular browsing user, Registered User, Basic Plan user or as a Subscribed User, use the Platform to either directly or indirectly, either alone or with another third party disassemble, reverse engineer or decompile any part or whole of the Platform in order to get access or attempt to get access to the underlying software, source or proprietary technology which enables the Services or other functionalities of the Platform or do anything with an intent to create derivative works or competing platforms that provide same or similar services.
4. You shall not either directly or through other third parties take, post, publish, transmit or otherwise make available any of the Study Material or video tutorials on any other medium. Furthermore, You undertake not to use, display, mirror or frame the Platform or any individual element within the Platform, unless this is expressly approved by Us in writing.
5. You shall not copy or record or make any attempt to copy or record part or whole of the Services or use the Services for further distribution any mode so as to commercially beneﬁt from the Study Material or engage in any form of piracy.
1. If there is a suspicion of untoward or illegal activity, We may suspend your account immediately and if required, debar all future access by You to the Platform.
2. We reserve the right to cancel any subscription as We believe has been compromised, or is being used fraudulently, at its own discretion without any ﬁnancial liability to You.
3. User’s account will be Blocked for the following reasons (including but not limited to):
1. You acknowledge, consent and agree that Shubhra Ranjan may access, preserve and disclose Your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
1. You understand that Shubhra Ranjan and software embodied within Shubhra Ranjan and the Services you access may include security components that permit digital materials including the Study Materials to be protected, and that use of these Study Materials is subject to usage rules set by Shubhra Ranjan. You shall not attempt to override, disable, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any such security components, encryptions and usage rules embedded into Website or the specific Services accessible through Your Service account.
1. All materials on Website, including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, images, text, columns, graphics, videos, photographs, illustrations, artwork, software, notes (soft copies) and any and all other elements (collectively referred to as Material) are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by Us.
2. You acknowledge and agree that all Material on the Platform is made available for limited, non-commercial, personal use only. Except as speciﬁcally provided herein or elsewhere on the Platform, no Material may be copied, reproduced, republished, sold, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose, by any person or entity, without Our prior express written permission, which is at Our sole discretion.
1. All the tutors in the tutorial videos You access as part of the Services You use or subscribe for are independent third parties and not employees of the Company. The professional and technical information contained in the video tutorial are the sole responsibility of the Tutor. Even though We review the content hosted as part of the Services on a best effort basis, We disclaim all warranties as regards the authenticity or correctness of information communicated to You by the tutors and We do not guarantee that the tutor videos contain updated information on the subject matter.
1. We provide You with a single limited license to use and access the Platform and Materials hosted as part of the subscribed Services on devices which We have permitted access at the time of Your subscription to the Services for the limited purpose of accessing the tutorial or associated Study Materials online. The license is speciﬁcally personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive. All content on the Platform, which is including, but not limited to, designs, text, graphics, images, information, logos, button icons, software, audio ﬁles and any other similar content are the exclusive and sole property of Us, the Company.
2. All icons and logos are trademarks of and proprietary to Us. The unauthorized copying, modiﬁcation, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
3. All material on the Platform, including images, illustrations, audio clips, video clips and third-party licensed images are protected by copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights. Material on the Platform is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means, whether directly or indirectly and You must not assist any other person to do so.
4. Without the prior written consent of Us, which is at Our sole discretion, modiﬁcation of the Content, use of the Content on any other website, app or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited.
5. At all times, We and/or Our licensors, remain the owner of the intellectual property in the tutorial, and the study materials. No Course and/or study materials nor any part thereof may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted any form or by any means without the prior written permission of Us.
1. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect for so long as You use the Platform. You may terminate your subscription at any time, for any reason, by contacting the Support channels. We, however, do not offer any refunds because of Your termination or discontinuation of the Services. Any termination or Subscription modiﬁcations initiated by You are subject to the Policy which is available at https://www.ShubhraRanjan.com/home/cancellation-policy.
3. All Content on the Platform, (including but not limited to software) and Services, included on or otherwise made available to You across all mediums are provided on permitted number of views basis on a limited number of whitelisted devices without any representation or warranties, express or implied except otherwise speciﬁed in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Shubhra Ranjan does not warrant that:
4. We are not responsible to You for any data that You lose either (a) as a result of accessing the tutorial, or (b) as a result of accessing study materials, or (c) otherwise during the course of subscription. It is your responsibility to ensure that You regularly save and back up (i) all data which You hold on the computer from which You are accessing the Services and (ii) all data that You are inputting when completing a study module being offered.
5. We will not be held responsible for any delay or failure to comply with its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises from any causes which is beyond Our reasonable control.
7. The tutorials are for personal training and for knowledge enhancement purposes only. We do not accept any responsibility to any party for the use of the Services provided and/or the contents of the Study materials for any purpose other than training for educational purposes, including but not limited to the giving of advice by You to any third party.
8. We shall not be responsible for any claims that may arise as a direct or indirect consequence of any third-party placing reliance and acting upon the information obtained as part of the Services or Your advice to a third party basis the Study Material or tutorial videos or any other Services.
The Platform and Services are intended to be used within the jurisdiction of India only. Those who access or use the Platform from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with the local law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, in certain jurisdictions, some of the above limitations of liability may not apply to You, nevertheless, all other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
1. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Us harmless, Our subsidiaries, afﬁliates, subcontractors, ofﬁcers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from:
1. We reserve the right at any time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Service or Platform (or any portion thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we will not be liable to You or to any third party for any such modiﬁcation, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of website.
2. This Agreement and any rights and licenses granted here under, may not be transferred or assigned by You, but may be assigned by Shubhra Ranjan without restriction.
4. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reﬂected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
5. These Terms are governed by the laws of India. Any matters arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Delhi.
1. In case of any grievance arising from the use of Platform, please contact us at 011-45612719.